|The beginning of our hunt for the perfect pumpkins...|
Okay so i REALLY want to be better about posting on my blog. I think of things so often that i want to randomly write about, but then i think too much about all of the other things i haven't blogged about, and then i end up not writing anything! So i want to thank my cousin Tilly for encouraging me to write about anything and everything. So here it goes...
When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over
-One Republic "Good Life"
This is by far my new favorite quote, and i feel like it describes these past few months for me so well.
There are so many little moments of happiness that I never want to forget. My good friend Renee's dad told me once that we should stop and think every day of at least 3 moments that were the highlight of our day.
So my favorite moments recently are..
- Laughing so hard with Heather that tears stream down our faces
- Discovering my new favorite sport: paddleboarding (or Stand Up Paddle if we want to get technical!)
- Spending the weekend in Tahoe jet skiing, mini-golfing, and laying out on the lake
- Acting on what i know the Lord is urging me to do, and reaping the benefits of whatever that may be, whether that be praying for someone or asking someone for forgiveness...all of those little things that really are the best moments ever because it's in those moments that God can do some incredible things...
- Sitting in the hot tub under the stars with my roommates, wine, and our favorite show that we're completely and utterly addicted to (even though we're still a little ashamed to admit sometimes), Desperate Housewives (and yes, Rob, this includes you too ;)
- Praying with friends when life gets hard
She thinks she's sneaky but we all know the truth
- Celebrating the fall season with Heather while watching Elf and eating homemade pumpkin muffins (believe it or not, we really can bake!)
- Discovering my new favorite restaurant right on the bay that is only four minutes away from my house, Barefoot Bar & Restaurant
- Saying the dumbest things that make you laugh so hard your stomach hurts
- Deep conversations with some of my dearest friends
- And acting like fools with Rachel (a.k.a. my twin) as we took 1000 photos at the pumpkin patch before carving our pumpkins!
It's a grandma pumpkin!
My finished pumpkin all lit up!
|What could be better than a pumpkin spice latte at a pumpkin patch?|